Thursday, September 9, 2010

Meeting Meat Patti

Have you ever had a really great weekend that could have gone rotten? I had an all day business meeting in Houston last weekend for the American Society of Landscape Architects. See I am the State Secretary for the Texas section and we had an in person meeting. So instead of dreading this, I thought to myself what is there in Houston that I can do to make this better? I have a friend named Patti Russo, who, when it comes to vocals, is Meat Loaf’s main lady. I did a bit of research and found that Meat was playing at the House of Blues in Houston, the very night of my meeting. What could be a better way to turn the weekend a whole 180 then to get to see a Meat Loaf concert and Patti? Buuuuut lets back up a bit to Friday.

I have been having the worst time with Brass and ticks lately. So after getting the carpets cleaned, and yard sprayed he got some new clothes!

Photobucket
Hopefully this will help him feel better and get rid of the problem.

Friday night, I ran over to Sugar Brown’s to see my friend Toby Ryan perform some tunes.
Photobucket

I ran into an old friend and we hooked up which was great!

I wore my new shoes.
Photobucket

Saturday I got up extra early to catch my flight out to Houston. I had no trouble at the airport, which was a major relief. The meeting went very well and I was ‘sworn’ into my new position of Secretary. We walked thru downtown (which was very hot and humid) to lunch. It was great to see a new park that had just opened that day and I got to see the largest live oak that I have ever seen!

These are most of the officers.
Photobucket

And this is the tree. It was right outside the architectural center and it seemed to take up a full block! This is as much as I could get in one picture.

Photobucket

After the meeting was finally over – it was time for fun! Jenna came over from San Marcos to go to the concert with me and it was great to see her! We had dinner at Papasitto’s and then headed over to the House of Blues. Now let me tell you, House of Blues is a very cool place and I was SO excited to be there!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Before the show
Photobucket

The concert was more then I could have ever asked for and the best thing about the whole day was getting to see Patti after the show. We got to stand and visit for a little and it was just so nice. Meat did all of the old favorites and even three songs from his new cd, Hang Cool Teddy Bear. Patti rocked the whole time and it was fab to see her in her element.
Photobucket

Patti signed my cd for me
Photobucket

After the show we fell into bed at 1:30am, with the best kind of deaf ears and on an amazing high that you can only get from a rock concert!

The next morning after sleeping till 10, jenna and I ran to grab breakfast at Starbucks and to visit the water wall. The water wall is one of my favorite stops in Houston and I am so glad that I got to share it with Jenn. It is a man made waterfall that is 63 feet tall, it mirrors the skyscraper in the connecting park that is 63 stories tall.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Tired and Happy girls
Photobucket

It was a weekend that I will always remember!

1 comment:

KeegAndWysGhee said...

Yea for being young and enjoying life.